Saturday, April 18, 2009




Molasses Miracle Diet?



Bill has learned a lot of things this week. For one, he learned that his MP3 player still works even after going through the wash! But he also learned something about molasses. Somehow, Bill had the mistaken idea that molasses didn't have any of those dreaded refined carbohydrates. That molasses was made up of only complex carbohydrates. Bill found a grocery store that carried molasses in a gallon jug. You can't get too much of a good thing, right? We'll he's practically been guzzling it all week. But then, late Thursday, he discovered that he had received mis-information about molasses. That it really did have refined carbohydrates. Lot's of them! So on Friday morning when he went to be weighed, despite doing everything else right, the miracle molasses diet had failed him and he gained three pounds! On a positive note, however, Bill did have to drill new holes in his belt, because it was getting too loose.



Rhonda, on the other hand, lost three pounds! Her regimen of eating right, (hating molasses,) exercise, and being a very active census enumerator have paid off!

Rhonda: (S) 100 (S) 100 (M) 95(T)100 (W) 95 (T) 90 (F) 100

Bill: (S) 100 (S) 100 (M) 100 (T) 100 (W) 100 (T) 100 (F) 100

Here are Bill's revised scores after he learned the truth about molasses!

Bill: (S) 90 (S) 90 (M) 90 (T) 90 (W) 90 (T)90 (F) 100

3 comments:

  1. That darn molasses! Congratulations Rhonda! and better luck next week Bill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I Happy little cuple who sure loves molasses more than the cats do, but that option was not on the poll. I didnt know you hated molasses mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't hate it. It's just that your dad eats it out of a bowl with a spoon and anything less means that you hate it, I guess.

    ReplyDelete