
Our economist daughter Valerie likens the stock market to a boy with a yo-yo walking up hill. The yo-yo will over time be always going up, but from week to week it will rise and fall. Well, think of Rhonda and I with the same analogy as the boy with the yo-yo, except in our case, he is walking down the hill. Over time, the yo-yo will go down, but from week to week it will rise and fall.
That's what happened this week. I gained 2 pounds, up to 221 pounds. And Rhonda gained 3 pounds, up to 228 pounds. This despite a near-perfect week as far as healthy eating and our 5 days of going to the gym for an hour. But a look at our chart for 2009 will show what I mean.
You can almost picture that boy and his yo-yo, although, he must have gone down a steeper hill for me than for Rhonda. By the way, my DVD set of the first season of the original Star Trek arrived last week. It is now proudly displayed at the entry-way of our house with a sign on it that says it is my reward for when I get down to 200 pounds. Just 21 more pounds to go!
The graph is a great tool. It really shows how important it is to stay the course. Keep up the great work. I know you will reach all your goals.
ReplyDelete