Friday, February 26, 2010

What Does 100 Pounds Look Like?

We've used up the many containers of wheat that Mom gave us nearly two years ago, so we had to buy a new year's supply. I decided to put two 50 pound bags of wheat on my shoulders to feel how heavy 100 Pounds is. Below is a short video of that. It was pretty heavy, let me tell you? I can't believe that up until 2 years ago I carried that much weight around with me all the time. Ironically, it has been lots of whole wheat that has been one of my keys to success in losing 100 pounds. In fact, in the last two years I have eaten hundreds of pounds of whole wheat in bread, pancakes, waffles, and other items.

Since I had surgery on Thursday, I did not go to the gym on Friday to get weighed. However, when I went into the hospital, they weighed me in my street clothes. And I was 220 pounds which was my weight last Friday. I'm confident that had I been weighed on Friday the 26th, in my gym clothes, and with the benefit of one more day of exercise, that I would have gotten my weekly goal to lose 2 more pounds from the previous week.
Rhonda did go to the gym and she lost 2 pounds, down to 226 pounds. Incidentally, this next week might be very stressful for her as she is looking at rehab-BILL-itation!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's an effective visual!
    It's interesting how eating hundreds of pounds of wheat, helped you to loose a hundred pounds of wheat! (so to speak)

    Congratulations to both of you!

    ReplyDelete