Friday, March 5, 2010

No Exercise Allowed


I've been recovering from surgery and my Dr. won't let me exercise. So obviously I haven't been to the gym, and hence I couldn't be weighed this week. Rhonda recorded me as being 220 pounds, which it has been for two weeks, now three weeks in a row. I am eating healthy though. Since it has been very difficult for me to chew, I have eaten a lot of plain, no fat yogurt and applesauce with no added sugar. (I love those things, fortunately!) Yesterday I graduated to Rhonda's whole wheat bread just in time to eat a piece warm from the oven. She cut it up into tiny bite sized pieces and it took me 15 minutes to eat. But I'm steadily improving.

Rhonda, on the other hand is able to exercise and has faithfully gone to the gym each day without me. The only exception was the day of my surgery. And the pay off for her is that she lost a pound, down to 225 pounds.

Today was measuring day. This was something I could do. I stayed the same on my belly button measurement at 45 inches. Rhonda stayed the same on bust, with a decrease of a 1/2 inch on both waist and hips.

I'm sure the gym won't let me back in until when at least the stitches are out, which will be Friday, the 12th of March. So a weight measurement for me is out for at least another week. I hoping that I can get out and start walking some tomorrow after the sun goes down. This sedentary life style is not conducive to weight-loss! When I do get weighed, I hope that I will stay at least at the 220 pound level.

1 comment:

  1. Good job Rhonda! Bill, don't worry, there will still be PLENTY of time to exercise soon.

    ReplyDelete