Friday, April 23, 2010

Rewards


I lost a pound this week and I'm down to 218 pounds. Rhonda actually gained a pound to 224 pounds.
As you might remember, when Rhonda gets down to 200 pounds, she will reward herself with the 6 hour version of Pride and Prejudice and I will get the original series, first season of Star Trek, when I get down to 200 pounds. Both of these rewards are already purchased and quite frankly, they are gathering dust. But we are confident we will get there, soon.
Our health insurance company has a wellness program that give us a health challenge every two months. If we make our health challenges, we get money back as a refund from our premium. Last year, we got nearly the maximum amount back. We plan to be no different this year. Our wellness coordinator doesn't recommend using our money to go out to a fancy restaurant. She says, "Never use food as a reward for weight-loss. But put it to use as a reward some place else." We actually, reinvested some of the money back to our weight loss. Like my Star Trek DVDs, gym clothes, and MP3 players we use when we work out.
There is another reward. It's the reward of good health! And this is the best reward.

1 comment: