
Let's say a person goes to the gym five times a week for an hour each time. They ride the exercise bike and have it on the 16th intensity level and in the end they pedal for 10.5 miles. This effort results in an average weight loss of two pounds a week. So let's say that person decides to increase the intensity level and the speed they are using. Surely, if 10.5 miles was good, then 12 miles in an hour should be better! Right? Wrong. Your body actually has different pathways for Metabolizing fat or sugar. A moderate form of activity, such as the example above, uses the pathway for burning fat. While a high intensity activity, burns sugar. When I was in 8th grade, I ran my first track event. It was a relay, and my portion was just 110 yards. Mom gave me 15 cents so I could buy a candy bar from the school vending machine. She wanted me to have quick energy for my race. The race was a very fast intensity. This picture was taken several months later when I started to run Cross Country. See, skinniness is possible!
This past week, Rhonda and I both lost one pound. Rhonda is down to 223 pounds and I'm at 215 pounds.
It is a good thing that candy Bars aren't still 15cents. I would have to keep running at a fast speed to burn off all of the buterfingers I would eat.
ReplyDeleteAmen, Sista! I'd have to run all the way to Texas to burn off all the Reese's I would eat. Lindsey, Butterfinger is your favorite candy?
ReplyDeletehow much did you weigh in this picture?
ReplyDeleteVery nice!
I weighed 150 pounds and I was in the heavy weight division in gym class when we did wrestling.
ReplyDelete