Saturday, March 13, 2010

Back To The Gym


Well, I went back to the gym this morning. All this week I have been walking, starting out with going around the block with Rhonda there to catch me if I fainted, and I increased a bit each day until I was walking for over an hour. Then I got the stitches out and I was comfortable enough to go out in public, at least a little. My goal now is to weigh 220 pounds next week, when we weigh ourselves at the gym. That is the weight I was right before the surgery. We'll see how I do, next week.
Rhonda has been going faithfully to the gym without me. However it has been a very stressful week for her and she gained a pound, up to 226 pounds. Hopefully this next week will be better.
We had requests for Rhonda's Whole Wheat Bread Recipe. So here it is:
Rhonda’s Whole Wheat Bread Recipe
18 Cups whole wheat flour
2/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup lecithin or ½ cup oil
2 Tablespoons yeast
5 teaspoons salt
5 ½ Cups hot water (not boiling)
Mix 10 cups of the flour and all of the other above ingredients. Then add 8 more cups whole wheat flour. Mix all together and then dump out on the floured counter and knead the dough. Divide into four loaves and put a loaf in a greased loaf pan. Let rise in a warm kitchen or in a warm stove (heat the stove up to 350 degrees then turn it off and put the pans in there to rise with the oven door ajar) You do not need to let it rise and punch it down again. When you can push on the dough and it pushes back it has risen. Then bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. Contact Rhonda if you have questions.

I might point out that Lecithin is a no fat substitute for oil. It has no effect on taste when used instead of vegetable oil. It is usually available at bread making or food storage stores.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there Rhonda. You are doing all the right things.
    Thanks for being such a great support to Bill.

    ReplyDelete