Friday, March 26, 2010

Think Of The Happiest Things


I have a little trick that I do when I step on the scale to get weighed at the gym. I do what Peter Pan suggested:

Think of the happiest things
It's the same as having wings.

By thinking happy thoughts, I feel just a bit lighter and it's as if those wings are pulling me up just a bit so I don't weigh as much. Whether this really works on not is actually in material. But thinking positively, all or most of the time, is a huge part of set point weight loss. We sure needed those positive wings this week. Banquets, going out of town, and sickness for a day or two for Rhonda have taken there toll. And then we went to the Golden Corral with Valerie and Brandon on Wednesday night. We made some very good healthy choices, but we sure ate a lot! Some people see an all-you-can-eat buffet as a meal. My whole life I have seen it as a personal challenge!

So how did we do? I lost two pounds, down to 224 pounds, and Rhonda stayed the same at 226 pounds. Next week, we look forward to the measurement!

No comments:

Post a Comment