
I used to be a junk food junkie! If it was sweet and edible, I ate it! You know the scene in Ground Hog Day where Bill Murry kept eating the sweets and just kept stuffing them in his mouth because he said he was immortal and he didn't have to worry about calories or carbohydrates, or fat? That was me, but I should have been worrying!
When I was in college, I was putting gobs and gobs of white sugar on my oatmeal. Ny room mate saw me do that and he gasped. “Oh my gosh,” he exclaimed, “he's using white death!”
All of that has now changed over the last three years. But I still enjoy Christmas Candy. It's not what you might think. The Christmas Candy I refer to is bananas, grapes, apples, and oranges. Oh, and pinneapple! Those fruits still have a lot of sugar, but it is complex carbohydrates, as opposed to the dreaded refined carbohydrates that are in candy and other treats. So it's lots of fruit for me!
Despite our goal to loose two pounds every week, I stayed the same at 214 pounds and Rhonda gained four pounds. I home that is just an anomaly and that she starts dropping, like she deserves. It 2was a crazy morning and we forgot to measure ourselves. So we'll have to report that in next week's blog. We're getting to the end of this blog, at least every week. We will most likely report on it just once a month in 2011, but don't worry, we will keep up a healthy lifestyle.
No comments:
Post a Comment