Friday, December 10, 2010

Overeating


I'm a confessed overeater! The thing about set-point weight-loss that I like best is a thing called “end of main meal hunger.” It means that you must be completely satisfied after your main meal of the day. It takes a lot to fill me up, so I have to eat a lot. Sometimes, in my efforts to become satisfied, I over-eat. But, I'd much rather overeat than be hungry, because that triggers a starvation mode where the body tries to hold on to every ounce of everything it's got.
Where I used to overeat on bad things, I now overeat on healthy things like whole wheat bread, fruit, and vegetables. I feel like writing a book called, “How to loose 100 pounds and still be an over-easter!”
This week, however, I think I needed to read that book. I gained 2 pounds, up to 216 pounds. I missed 3 days of workouts due to illness. Rhonda, on the other hand, lost two pounds, down to 222 pounds. We again forgot to measure ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment